Holla Everyone!!
Well its been really long time since I made updates and share with you my experience in USA but somehow I have been busy or rather lazy to do that.So I am dividing it into 3 parts so as to make it easier to read..
PHASE I:Well in previous post I had mentioned about getting first admit from Univ after that its litl. difficult to believe but I got 7 admits out of the 8 univs. I applied to and got a reject from the univ which I was banking on,its such a irony but that's how life can be! It's a joke for me honestly because my counselor had told me if i could get admit from even 1 i would be lucky and in the process he also gave me all avg. univs. and somehow all of the same level.I mean each one of them had their own problems..I chose UHCL mainly because i thought it was cheaper and best probably among wat i applied.I really dont if I took the right decision but so be it.I would suggest to all MS in US aspirants give it a real thought when ur applying to univs. but u can never guarantee wat will be outcome and it really gets difficult when choosing from 2 univs. trust me when i say that.Anyways I am no counselor and dont think so I can express it in best words either.But all I can say in the application process selecting your univs is most important part of it...do lot of research talk with seniors, ppl over there and check the scenario over there before coming to a decision,a counselor is someone which I would not really trust completely after my experience.So put in all ur efforts and just hope for the best.
PHASE II:Anyways I thought givin GRE, getting admission was the difficult part but I was wrong and it was the later part.Easpecially if ur someone like me who is kinda shy,less outgoing I dont mean a "Geek" but you know ppl who are just having their small world it is worst nightmare!!. It was really difficult times for me as each day passed the thoughts of living away frm my parents all my frnds and family dont just did never let me sleep.I never counted days unless it was PL(preparation leave) for Exam but this last Dec I Counted everyday that I passed and just somehow tried to hold on to ervytin.I had little prbs to go with in my family..I mean evryone has prbs of course you can nver run from it... but worst are those which you feel helpless and cant really do anything about...Add to that My mom is kinda emotional and I have never really been in hostel or for that matter far way from parents for a long time ...On the whole it was really hard for my parents and me....But it also was the right thing to do at that time as with my avg. acads and jobless position I dont think I had much choice.
Anyways Finally on the day of departure ...I dont have words .....but its most sad and unhappy feeling I had when I left Mom and said goodbye to Dad at the Airport.People find diff things i life hard to do and there are moments which u remember always...and I can never forget that day..ok I know this is realy gettin senti...so i am gonna stop now...Anyways the flight went well...I lived with my uncle in US for 1st week and it was pretty good.
Phase III:
When I came to Houston we stayed with seniors and had a good time..it was difficult intially and would talk back home pretty regularly.Also I had 7 prerequiste course which is a bad thing..as extra money and efforts are consumed by them..somehow none of frnds had that many...al of them where quite uneceassary except for 1 which I had due to ny low GRE Verbal.I had given GRE twice and always thought of it as a mistake...but since my verbal was 490 2nd time....more than they required (required >400 score) to waive that course.It's amazing I regretted givin GRE the 2nd time but Inever knew it would come to my aid someday....Anyways i was meetin up with advisors to waive them off...I filled up a form in the end to committee to take a decision...once committee says No u cant do anytin...but I always knew that all the prereqs I had were covered by me and I should not have them..it was just a matter of convincing them with supporting documents...Anyways I made lots of frnds when I came..and found really gr8 roomies ..altho a cliche....each 1 of the roomies is gr8 and wonderful frnd ...We did gel along very well and as days passed I settled down and got used to life here.Also I learnt cooking ....gradually of course....can make food that is eatable now.... :)There are lots of incidents lot of memories I have had in US today..but still miss home...and I will always...I think u cant help it....But nevertheless its been quite a experience..Also today my prereq's all 7 of them have got waived after gettin really streched the committee finally took the right decision..:)...ppl bak home want to know how's it diff for India do u like it etc..All i would say is its a gud place ...but ppl will view with diff perspectives and have diff. opinions ... and ervytin will have its pros. and cons. too ...it's up to you wat u wud see and want...Anyways I dont know how to end this post as usual ...But I know 1 thing after coming here I have learnt a lot..I have become more mature and aware person...though may have lost innocence...I have some unforgettable memories ...th's wat life is made of...As song from "Meet the Robinsons" - "Little Wonders" goes...these these small hours these little wonders.. these twist & turns of fate..time folds away but these small hours still remain...signin out for now...keep smilin and be kind and humane always....

1 comments:
vishal dude u have matured a lot
its goood to see that
now u r comfortable with US environment..........
dude i miss u big time
u gone thru tough phase of admission & all that u have posted
every diamond has to go through intense & hard cutting for the correct value it deserves
so count on u r diamonds dude ..............
Post a Comment