Hey guys back and will share some of my recent failures and mishaps.I wish to learn from them and improve as student and individual.
Firstly I lost my job as a research assistant..came to me as shock as never expected it.The reasons being professor didn't have enough funds. Honestly speaking i think he was happy with my work but he had some other plans and hence decided not to hire anyone for the fall semester and told it pretty late so that we would concentrate on the work. But I have nothing against him and for lot of reasons and one of the most important being he gave me a job when I needed it desperately. I really think getting jobs is matter of luck and time.... more than if you deserve it or not....what matters is that were you there at the right time and did you push the right buttons.
Anyways I also did fail in SCJP exam scoring 55% when i needed 58% to pass.I was close but really I was not prepared and always knew that. But somehow was banking on my luck to scrape me through and did not happen. I have lot of reasons for my failure if I analyse it...its funny our mind always tries to protect itself and
never agrees it maybe at fault. Honestly I think I did not study well enough and in the right direction therefore failing was always on the cards. I have learnt one thing that delaying never works and we need to make little sacrifices at times for bigger joys.
Anyways it seems my search for on campus jobs is also going to turn futile. Although there are few chances here and there...it is very likely that I might end up jobless in this semester. But I am not that disappointed..as I have done pretty much my best to get a job unlike earlier time where I just sat on my ass and kept whining without making any persistent efforts. Experience always is invaluable and one of the things money can never buy.
Anyways these failures have made me sad and was disappointed some time. But really they have also made me more aware and forced me to work more hard which will probably
help my own cause. It's unfortunate but some people need a pat on their back and some a kick, I fall in the second category most of the times and hope I can improve it.
Although the post is more melancholy, in reality I still have been enjoying these days and tried my hand at fishing for first time and had a good time. I may not know much but I know that It is important that I give my best and keep working hard in whatever I do...whether in state of failure or success..really does not matter...at least to my conscience.Of course keep enjoying along these times and find time for some other thinga which I love. Signing out..
“My downfall raises me to infinite heights.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

3 comments:
Dude you should have asked me at least once...Would have helped you clear the exam...Let me know if you are planning again...
Hey Vishal,
Good luck with your new leaf turnover program. A blog sometimes does make you realise things about yourself...
find the right buttons...:)
Thx for your support and help guyz..
Post a Comment