Day Dreaming

"A daydream is a visionary fantasy experienced while awake, especially one of happy, pleasant thoughts, hopes or ambitions."[Ref:Wikipedia]

ISA UHCL Cricket tournament

Thanks to my procrastination this is after a long time I am blogging again. I am going to discuss few of my recent events.

Starting with Cricket tournament unfortunately we lost in the Semi-Finals but have to admit were beaten by a better team. I think still we played really well and had our moments in tournament. Other teams even accused us of having to face relatively weak oppositions and making our way to semi-finals luckily. I would say in a way it was true but really nothing was our hands and evrytime we went out there we gave it our best. For other teams i would say stop whining and try and enjoy the game.

Personally I feel I bowled well..at least better than last years tournament..also was given more confidence by my team this time.I took 5 wickets and was probably the third highest wicket-taker till the finals. I bowled pretty badly in semis gave away 25 runs of 2 overs. I think when I try and analyze why we lost Semis it comes down probably that we were little intimidated and negative in our approach which did not help our cause. I wish I could have done things litl differently here and there but when I look back I am happy to have achieved something and played well most of the time.

Cricket is always been a passion for me and I felt at times I should give it less importance and concentrate more on studies(esp. back in engg days).So, this time round had no practice but just played the matches directly. Its been quite a memorable tournament nevertheless..I will remember the Quarter-finals we won on the last ball...To know more about the event you can visit here-
http://isauhcl.org/events/cricket09/

Cricket still remains religion in India and I think always will. But unfortunately match-fixing and other issues such as drugs have affected the game permanently.
I sincerely hope that cricket anywhere around the world is played with a relentless fighting Spirit and mainly for "Love of the game" and Pride of One's Country and for the millions of supporters who sacrifice important things to watch the game.

"May cricket continue to flourish and spread its wings. The world can only be richer for it." - Sir Donald Bradman

0 comments: