Day Dreaming

"A daydream is a visionary fantasy experienced while awake, especially one of happy, pleasant thoughts, hopes or ambitions."[Ref:Wikipedia]

Greatest Hits 2009

Holla everyone firstly wishing everyone a very happy new year!! This post is about me reflecting back at 2009 and remembering important events..
The year 2009 started for me back home...in India with my parents family and friends I had a great time. The last week I came back to US preponing my ticket in order not to miss the first lecture of Capstone project...
Hit # 1:I remember at that time all I could think of is getting a job...even when in India I had that back of my mind...finally I got a job as a Research Assistant...and it was one of the best things to happen so far...got half of my fees waived and also got resonable monthly income...so I felt great really...one of the greatest hits of the year..
As February began I concentrated and worked on my Capstone project and RA work..since I wanted the RA to continue in future also...We also had ISA elections and Holi..which was fun..and occupied my time with usual stuff..
Hit # 2 : We all roomies and had a blast at San Antonio- Six flags...the rides where awesome and it felt great hanging out and just chilling...We also visited river walk and couple museums..i think it was a break i needed and one of the times of the year where i had great fun..
In summer I continued with my RA work...and at the end of semester i came to know that RA would not be coninued...talked abt it more in my downslide..
Hit # 3: Was searching for a new job...and getting one in the labs...there were 25-30 people interview for the positions...I was the first person appointed..and it felt great to know that...dont know why feels great when you work hard for something and get it...
Hit # 4: Well this was something of a new experience…something little too personal too share for me here…I had highs and lows in this phase…but was a different experience…I was never so passionate and affected by anything else in my life before…I suffered a lot at times... don’t know if I took the right decisions in fact might have taken few wrong ones...but I was all good in this and it was not something that I could control… either but still learnt a lot with this...although not really a hit...this will be something I always remember...and I have recovered and it will help me in future…
Hit # 5: The final hit was graduating at the end of the year...something I wrote about last post…it feels good…and will be probably a nice memory to stay..
Finally…other than these I also did well in cricket…more about it here.
Winding up 2009…it was probably really a eventful year…I had a lot of different and great experiences…a lot of them for a first time…probably a year where I matured and became more responsible…but still my friends keep calling me ‘baccha’…but it was surely a year to remember with lot of milestones and hits...unfortunately the year my grandfather passed away…but the memories with him will always remain and be cherished by me…as will these greatest hits…

Beginning of a new year
with lot of hopes and aspirations
Not ruminate over past and think of this recession
will do my best to keep my new year resolutions..

In year 2009..made many mistakes..and learnt a lot of lessons..
but still had many joys and memories..with great deal of satisfaction
although at times had to suffer because of my own actions..
but that's how we learn and improve with realization..

In year 2010...will try to be better..
be a good son, a good friend, a good brother...
To see my parents smile..and family proud..
its more than enough a reason...for me
This year to work hard and be a better person..

0 comments: